Plant

Plant

Friday 23 May 2014

A week goes by

Weighed in on Wednesday and had lost 2lb. That's 5lb in total now. I'm not going to do the Slimming World diet. I'm watching what I eat and trying to stay within a 1,500 calorie intake. I've found it easy not to eat between meals, and to have just the one sweet thing in the day. usually for dessert.  If I do feel hungry, I just tell myself I'm not and to wait until the next meal lol. If pangs do insist, I'll have a bit of fruit.

Last Saturday hubby and I went to Stourhead. We went to go to a craft show there, but it was a little disappointing. Stourhead wasn't though. It was a lovely sunny day, and the colours were beautiful. It was a very enjoyable day :-) I took a packed lunch and a flask of drink which we enjoyed when we got back to the car. We did treat ourselves to an ice-cream. Hubby choose a rum n raisin and I had a lemon meringue one :-)

Met up with hubby's family today for a meal . Went to one of those cheap and cheerful places. Two meals for a tenner type thing. I didn't have a dinner under that deal due to having had a sandwich before we went. Or a little time before we went. As meet up time was at 2pm, and I was hungry at 12pm, I had a sandwich as I thought I would be so ravenous by the time I got there and be at risk of eating stuff that I really shouldn't do. Due to the pre sandwich, I only wanted a jacket potato, and I struggled eating that, so hubby got his meal deal by doubling with his brother :-) We didn't do desert. We had a cappuccino instead. Not overly impressed with it. It was luke-warm, and the froth wasn't to brilliant. I don't think they used skimmed milk either. Or maybe they did and found it difficult to get the milk to froth. Hence rubbish froth. It was a bit creamy for skimmed.
A lot of cafes have problems frothing skimmed milk. I don't. My little whizzer thing does a brilliant job :-)

I don't know what it is, but I get more and more disappointed with meals out. I don't know whether it's because I sit there thinking I could do just as well, at a much cheaper price???!!!! My jacket potato cost £3.99 with cheese and baked beans. I could buy a bag of baking potatoes for less than that. It had been microwaved, and the potato itself was not a particular nice one. The inside was a bit 'slimey.' But then, it wasn't a top notch restaurant. It was a cheap and cheerful pub lunch type place, so it's accepting you get what you pay for :-)
In comparison,  I went out for lunch with my mum in the week, and went to my favourite little bistro/cafe in my town, and had a lovely lunch. Not cheap and cheerful though. A little more pricey, and yes I could have done exactly the same at home for a lot less, but it was lovely, and it's easy to not mind so much when what you are eating is yummy, which was a homemade fish finger sandwich with a side salad and crisps. The bread was fantastic. Salad is salad lol and I left the crisps. All was presented beautifully on a rectangle slate :-)
I think though, eating in, is going to be my more favourite eating out experience  :-) Or a packed lunch when we go out in favour of cheap and cheerful food.

Last night we were very spoilt. one of our daughter's who's back from Uni for the summer wanted to show off her cooking skills, and cooked us a cheese stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon with boiled potatoes, corn and green beans dinner. I bought the stuff, but it didn't come to more than £12-£13 and she cooked for 7, so taking fuel into account, the meal was about £2 each. It was lovely. She did a brilliant job :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment