Plant

Plant

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Today

A lovely day today. Started off with me going to the post office with the cards I forgot to post yesterday!!!! Then off to have coffee with my lovely new friend :-) I will mention here that I did pop the vacum around downstairs before heading out into the windy weather. It was definitely needed. The floor was very bitty. On the housework front, the ironing has crept up again, so I'm going to have to get some done. Especially my mums stuff so I can take it back to her. I was her heavy stuff for her. Her light stuff she hand washes, always has done. She likes her bed clothes ironed. Something I don't do for mine, but to her it's important. "Just in case a doctor has to be called out to me. Mustn't have creased bed clothes." She's always stood by that conviction lol.

Tonight I cooked some pink salmon. To go with that I did some potato wedges, cooked in the Actifryer. A lot more healthier as only a minimal amount of oil is used. We had some mixed veg as well and a glass of low alcohol white wine. All very yummy :-)

I'm planning to do some baking Thursday. Get some cakes made and into the freezer. Got quite a lot to do as we are away for a few days, staying with friends and I'm providing a cheese and bacon flan and I said I'll make a chocolate sponge. I'm also taking my bread machine with me so we can have fresh bread each day :-) I am definitely going to write a list as I know I shall forget something if I don't !!!! Far too much for me to remember. lol. I think I will make a fruit cake to take as well as the chocolate one. Nice to have a choice, and I do like my chocolate sponge, but I like a piece of fruit cake as well :-)

It was 'happy days' for me today as I cast on the first of the chunky socks I like to knit. A sure sign winter is approaching :-) I always feel content when there are chunky socks on the needles :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment