Plant

Plant

Monday 4 July 2022

Dinner

   Today I popped a butternut squash, sweet potato and chickpea curry into the slow cooker. Cooking with a slow cooker is an economical way of cooking.

I used half the butternut squash, so that will make another meal another day. That’s two meals out of one item. I also added a couple of peppers, mushrooms, a couple of ordinary potatoes, a red onion, garlic, and then, before serving, some cooked frozen peas. I cooked the curry in a tin of coconut milk, which isn’t overly expensive, providing you use the supermarket brand. Altogether, although I haven’t done a price up for this meal, I reckon it wouldn’t cost more than £3.00 to make. £4.00 at the most.

This meal will do hubby and I two meals, probably three in one form or another. So, this meal, more or less costs £1.00 a time+ whatever you add as an accompaniment. Definitely wouldn’t cost more than £2.00 per night.





No comments:

Post a Comment