Plant

Plant

Sunday 6 August 2017

Fed up

There is nothing so annoying than being a well behaved dieter, sticking like glue to the plan, only to weigh yourself and see that nothing has changed for two weeks (sigh!). So today I rebelled and ate things I know I shouldn't do. I know I will regret it, but it felt sooooooo good :-)

Yesterday we had a BBQ. One of my son-in-laws will be 50 in the week. I think we will all be living off of BBQ food for the next few days lol.
I made some yummy veggie burgers for me and grilled some peppers and big mushroom. Also, I roasted some cherry tomatoes in the oven, and they were gorgeous :-) Veggie burgers are very cheap to make. I used chickpeas, lentils, grated carrot and onion in one, adding a little egg and breadcrumbs made from nimble bread. I also made some omitting the chickpeas and lentils, and using kidney beans instead. Both types had herbs and seasoning in :-)

I've got very slack at doing my weekly menus. I have to get back into it again. I'm waking up in the mornings clueless as to what is going to be for dinner that evening. Not good for economising. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I need to do something quick, or in the slow cooker, because those are the days I look after the grandson, and at the moment, I am being very unorganised :-( My cupboards, and freezer needs sorting as I've loads of food accumulating in them which would make a meal. I've also got some meat casseroles, and some veggie casseroles frozen down ready to be devoured. Organising a menu is difficult as well, because I'm never sure when my girls, who still live with us are in. I keep forgetting to ask when they leave for work and sometimes I cook enough for everyone, and they are't here to at it !!! My hubby, thankfully, is happy to take left overs to work for his lunch :-)

I have noticed shop prices getting higher, and packaging getting smaller. It must be very difficult for lower wage earners to make ends meet at times. I'm sure one of the main four supermarkets is trying to break away from the other three and styling itself more on the more up market supermarket. I've noticed a lot of their cheaper range products are not on the shelves, and their 'top of the range' products being more promoted. I get the feeling this supermarket is attempting to be a second choice to the up market supermarket, so that those who are a little more fussy over brands, and foods, and wouldn't buy the cheaper choices, but can't afford the up market shop  prices, will choose to shop their instead.
It annoys me that most of us seem so dependant on supermarkets, and that they manipulate us so much. I find it hard that healthy food is so expensive, making it difficult for poorer paid families to buy healthy food.
It annoys me as well that children in schools are not taught basic cookery, so that they will be able to feed a family economically, and healthily when they need to.

Anyway. That's my latest rant off loaded :-) lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment