Plant

Plant

Friday 23 May 2014

Books

I love reading. My Kindle is getting proper stuffed with books :-) That doesn't mean I don't read an actual book anymore, because I do, though not so much, as it is much cheaper to buy one on the the Kindle. Sometimes you can get a good free one as well. How ever, nothing beats the smell of a new book :-) and as much as I love the Kindle, it doesn't 'feel' like a book either. Never-the-less, I do tend to use my Kindle more than a book.

The real beauty of the Kindle is you can take it out with you and have a whole library of reads in your bag. I have a good variety of books on it as well. Recipe books, fiction/non fiction ones, bibles, Christian books and life style books, and others. I like nothing less than to go into a quiet cafe open up my Kindle, choose a book from the many I have and settle down with a nice cup of coffee and have a read :-)

I like to mix and match my reading.
I enjoy an easy read, which perhaps can be a bit of a 'corny' type book, which I will read in the bath, or in-between a more heavier read, which I also enjoy.
At the moment I'm reading a book on The Early Church Fathers, and one called Understanding Genesis. Both are interesting, and I'm enjoying them.

Recently I read The Lost Child of Philomena. That book moved me. Apparently the film is more centred on Philomena. I haven't seen the film. The book is more Michael's story. A very good book.

I'm considering getting the 'Quirke' books after seeing the author, Benjamin Black being interviewed yesterday. There's going to be a series coming on the telly soon, and I think I'd like to read the books first, or at least the first one, and see if I like it. I loved the Morse book, but not so much the series. I preferred the series of Frost to the books, and preferred the P.D. James Daglish books to the series. Although Martin Shaw's versions of the books he did were good.

One of my most favourite books is Goodnight Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian. John Thaw did a good job in the televised version, but the book is so much better.

Not sure what I will read next. Probably The Shuttle by By Frances Hodgson Burnett.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to concentrate on a book since Dave passed away. I don't know why, really. But I have been thinking about a Kindle myself, and one that does books and nothing more. What kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete