Plant

Plant

Monday 26 May 2014

Drop Spindle

Yesterday I went to a craft fair at Tyntesfield near Bristol. It was a Medieval one, and had spinning on demonstration. I got talking to a lovely lady who was there with her spinning wheel, and she sold me a drop spindle and some fleece for a fiver. I have to be honest, it's a lot harder to do than it looked, and I have so far been very good at making nice thick rope looking stuff lol. I am determined to learn this craft though, and will persevere seeing as I promised this lovely lady yesterday I would :-)
I also bought a felting kit. Again I was given a demonstration, and I got the picture she made as well :-) I'm going to hang on before doing that as I think my daughter will enjoy having a go as well :-) I though we could do that together :-)

My husband was pleased with the fair as there was some wood turning going on. I think we're both going to do a two day course and make a stool :-) I'm looking forward to that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment